- The swivel and bolt head are color-coded for fast load identification
- GMP uses a steel thrust washer and bushing in the larger break-away swivel and four (4) ball bearings in the smaller version. Both designs provide smooth rotation under load and help to keep twisting forces from reaching the cable.
- The larger break-away swivel, 7/8 in. x 4-5/8 in. (22.2mm x 114.3 mm) is machined from aluminum alloy with a black anodized finish for wear resistance. We offer six (6) standard bolt strengths ranging from 340 lbs. (154 kgs) to 1200 lbs. (544 kgs).
- The smaller break-away swivel, 5/8 in. x 3-3/4 in. (15.9 mm x 95.2 mm) is made of steel with a zinc plating finish for wear resistance. We offer eleven (11) standard bolt strengths ranging from 200 lbs. (91 kgs) to 700 lbs. (317 kgs).
- When placing fiber optic cable, 600 lbs. (272 kgs) has been the industry standard for maximum load tension on the cable.
- With the inclusion of Fiber Optic cable in new OSP designs for broadband construction such as FTTX, you can choose from our list of appropriate break points matching the cable manufacturer's specification. When ordering a swivel(s) please keep in mind the need to also order a few replacement bolts. This will avoid delays in work if the bolt supplied with the swivel(s) breaks. Delays can then occur while waiting for replacement bolt(s) to be ordered from the factory.